Arkady V.Belousov wrote:
... (I'm reading his question from the archive, never getting it myself) ...

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/kernel.UNSTABLE.tgz
will be http://freedos.sourceforge.net/kernel/kernel.UNSTABLE.tgz
and updated regulary once sourceforge reenables cronjobs,
currently it and /kernel/kernel.tgz are not updated on sf
except manually (and I don't have write access to /kernel/kernel.tgz).

The fdos.org/bootdisks/autogen/source_core*.zip will remain
and continue to be updated when I update the boot disks.
These contain both kernel and freecom source and are
packaged for others to redistribute the source if they
redistribute the bootdisks.  The purpose of this page is
to provide examples and hopefully useful FreeDOS boot disks,
including source to help ensure licenses are followed;
the kernel source here is just an artifact of this and was
initially simpler for me to point others here.
[I did finally update my script as you suggested to store
 the seperate freecom/kernel zips and then compress the
 single source_core one.]

The fdos.org/bootdisks/autogen/kernel.* should not
be used, instead use the fdos.org/kernel/ ones.  Any
kernel related stuff (information, builds, source, etc)
will be in the kernel directory to keep it separate
from my bootdisk work.

To reiterate: The cvs source on sourceforge should be the primary location for obtaining source if possible. It contains both the stable branch and the development branch and tags for all release builds.

When sourceforge reenables cron, nightly tarballs will be
available on http://freedos.sourceforge.net/kernel/kernel*.tgz
and contains a snapshot of the cvs sources.

On my site I have a dedicated page for my involvement with
kernel development, http://www.fdos.org/kernel/ which already
includes daily zips of the cvs source from the stable and
development branches and will contain builds once I get around
to writing the batch files to do so.

Hope everyone is clear now,
Jeremy
:-)