On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy, Bart, IBID,

> I could not find any LOAD*.* file in the zip, though... Maybe
> this whole experiment is something different than IBID meant?
>
> Eric

See http://www.seasip.info/Gem/gemxm.html   (I'm not sure if its the
same/newer/older than the one from the OpenGEM site)
This version of GEM/XM includes the changes to use handles instead of
FCB, so its load.a86 source (the module that did use FCBs) probably
doesn't help much.
The original source to the load module was apparently lost prior to
the GEM release as Open Source, so there is no original load.a86 but
there are remarks from various messages via google to a commented
dissassembled version of the original - not sure where it is though
[would be really handy to see what is going on though].

>From what I remember reading, GEM v2 and XM in the load module uses
FCBs to access information from the assign.sys driver.  GEM v3 this
functionality is in loader.asm and uses handles which was partly
incorporated into the above mentioned XM update.

The next step is to figure out what FCB calls GEM v2/XM make and then
determine what the FD kernel is doing with those requests.

Jeremy