dos386 schreef:
>> PS: I would like to quote IBID_AG
>> 2. Congratulations on a great kernel/OS
>> 4. I would rather see more of the features from 2037 in stable
>>

> List ???

* external Country.sys support (including MODE, DISPLAY, NLSFUNC etc)
* That FNODES stuff (Bart seems to be working occasionally on this, but
now based on 2038)
* Windows 3.1x support
>> & WfW support in stable, these might be handy.
>>

> WtF is WfW ???

Windows for Workgroups , which is a flavor of Microsoft Windows 3.11
>> And SHSUCDX with UDF support does seem higher priority.
>> UDF-CDEX would be separate from kernel development
>>

> As it always was.

What does UDF support do? Enable copying video DVD? or enable packetwriting?
> Actually I had forgotten to point this one: there used to be SYS 3.5
> or 3.6 back in
>  2005 ... that's what EDR-DOS SYS was forked from ;-)

Jeremy Davis created SYS 3.5 yes with support for several other
DOS-based operating systems by generating their bootsectors.
Found some old info at my ancient Blog on Jeremy's server [
http://wiki.fdos.org/Blog/Bernd ]
Indeed DR-DOS got its SYS from here.

I seem to recall that SYS did not support FAT32 bootsectors for Windows
95OSR2.x and Windows98/98SE/ME.

As we're on the kernel list anyway, would anyone be able to tell me if
it's possible to modify the kernel enough with additional code so that
it could read a Isolinux/Memdisk commandline including arguments?
Followed by searching for a "config=x" option where x=[0..9] and then
executing that menu option in (fd)config.sys. The benefit of this is
taking away 1 keypress
Currently it's : 1) select to boot FreeDOS from CD , 2) select which
menu option you want.
I'd rather create multiple Isolinux options which would then tell the
same FreeDOS diskette image what to do, in config.sys already.
Eric Auer had a commandline utility for this, which is already quite
usefull, but means there's no support for loading device drivers (and
specially DOS=HIGH, DOS=UMB, the kernel and FreeCOM , XMS saves a lot of
memory)

Bernd