2009/7/1  <ibid...@lavabit.com>:
> Regarding "Win"--yes, I did just use the WIN option for build.bat.

ok, I see now. This option makes zero functional difference at the
moment (it only makes a difference to the unstable kernel, but the
related code could be added to the stable kernel too).

> Under both kernels "cd \" and the numerous synonyms fail.  Additionally,
> TC's "Change directory" command gives "path not found" for C:\

Yes, of course, you'd need to update to yesterday's fixed.

> Has anyone investigated the changes affecting Christian's patch?

It helps with escape/break:
http://au.geocities.com/short_stop_pacific/freesoft/system.htm#escbrk
So if you press F12 in the primary command.com it won't hang. I've
committed his patch to SVN now.

> Also, I took a look at the LFN helper, and would like to know why
> we reserve 3 fnodes when only 2 exist.  It probably was not updated.

Yes, it was not updated. The idea of the LFN helper is that a DOSLFN
style TSR would have its low-level part done by the kernel but that
TSR was never finished.

Bart