>> Has anyone investigated the changes affecting Christian's patch?
>
> It helps with escape/break:
> http://au.geocities.com/short_stop_pacific/freesoft/system.htm#escbrk
> So if you press F12 in the primary command.com it won't hang.

It also helps with DEBUG (and probably other programs) that catch
termination the same way as COMMAND does. Also, COMMAND might not be
aborted by ESCAPE only, but by a critical error (e.g. from DIR) "Abort"
response.

> I've committed his patch to SVN now.

Thanks, finally!

>> Also, I took a look at the LFN helper, and would like to know why
>> we reserve 3 fnodes when only 2 exist.  It probably was not updated.
>
> Yes, it was not updated. The idea of the LFN helper is that a DOSLFN
> style TSR would have its low-level part done by the kernel but that
> TSR was never finished.

Is the LFN helper present in current versions by default? If yes: why?
Plus, is there any good documentation on the interface (or what it's
supposed to do) around?

Regards,
Christian