Another update for all who are interested -

I already commented about the USB to PS/2 adapter built on a Raspberry Pi Pico. That works very well.

A few weeks ago I received an AGP display adapter bought from eBay. It is based around the nVidia FX5200 chipset, and has all of VGA, DVI and S-Video outputs. At 256mb, the card has twice as much memory as the base system!

The results are mixed.

From the VGA port the card works perfectly. POST messages, BIOS setup screens, FreeDOS command line and a few games like Wolfenstein and Duke Nukem 2 all work.

I tried a DVI to HDMI cable on several monitors. One of them is actually a television with native 720p resolution. On that monitor everything is displayed in a letterbox. The left and right several dozen pixels are not displayed.

The second monitor has a DVI input. Using a DVI to HDMI cable and an HDMI to DVI adapter, there is no display. Using a DVI to DVI cable it works perfectly.

The third monitor is a fairly new Viewsonic. Using DVI to HDMI adapter it produces no display, and the computer gives a beep code at power-up.

Net result - It seems I cannot get there from here.  Dang ...

Bill Gee