> AB> Repartition disk (by FDISK or somethink like Partition Magic).
>
> EA> Use a GOOD partition editor (not MS FDISK... preferrably something with a
> reasonable user interface and something which you are good at using.

James, you should probably consider investing in partitioning software:

PartitionMagic:

http://www.partitionmagic.com/home_homeoffice/products/system_performance/pm80/index.html

Partition Commander:

http://www.v-com.com/product/Partition_Commander_Home.html

Acronis Disk Director Suite:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/

PartitionMagic used to be a leader in this field but it's dominance has been
challenged lately by competitors. Partition Commander, for instance, allows
converting NTFS partitions back to FAT, the feature that was absent in
PartitionMagic. Acronis Disk Director Suite seems to have the best choice of
features of all three products, but I have never tried it so can't comment on
it.

Lester