Lester Vedrox wrote:
>>AB> Repartition disk (by FDISK or somethink like Partition Magic).
>>
>>EA> Use a GOOD partition editor (not MS FDISK... preferrably something with a
>>reasonable user interface and something which you are good at using.
>

> James, you should probably consider investing in partitioning software:
>
> PartitionMagic:
>
> http://www.partitionmagic.com/home_homeoffice/products/system_performance/pm80/index.html
>
> Partition Commander:
>
> http://www.v-com.com/product/Partition_Commander_Home.html
>
> Acronis Disk Director Suite:
>
> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/
>
> PartitionMagic used to be a leader in this field but it's dominance has been
> challenged lately by competitors. Partition Commander, for instance, allows
> converting NTFS partitions back to FAT, the feature that was absent in
> PartitionMagic. Acronis Disk Director Suite seems to have the best choice of
> features of all three products, but I have never tried it so can't comment on
> it.
>
> Lester

I have been collecting partition tools since about 1990.  I have several
versions of Partition Magic and recent versions of the other two above.
  My weapon of choice is Partition Magic.  It works fine on the current
XP.  On my laptop I used it to shrink the default full drive, single
partition down to 10G and add several other types.  It is also my backup
system.  I copy the boot partitions to another HDD.

Ray