Hi Karen

> I want to use a wireless pc card adapter,
> if possible? if so, can anyone recommend
> any brands for this?

The answer depends of your hardware:

- The Thinkpad 560 and 560E have a 16bit PCMCIA slot, which means there are
only 802.11b network cards available with a bandwidth of 11 Mbps.

- The 560X and 560Z have a 32bit cardbus slot, so they support the 802.11g
standard with 54 Mbps bandwidth or even 802.11n with 300 Mbps.

If you have a Thinkpad 560 or 560E, don't worry: ;-) As far as I know, FreeDOS
only works with 802.11b adapters anyway. Look in our wiki for more info:
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=WiFi>

If you could live with wired internet, I can recommend the 16bit D-Link
DFE-670TXD PC-Card with a 10/100 Mbps ethernet adapter. It comes with packet
drivers, ndis and odi drivers so you can do any networking, that FreeDOS can
do.

If you have a Thinkpad 560X or 560Z and need a fast wireless network
connection, you might want to give Linux a try.

regards
Ulrich