Karen Llewellen said:

> I have a wonderful dsl connection now in dos
> using ms dos 7.1, pure  not under windows of course,
> and wattcp applications most notably ssh2021b
> which lets me telnet to my shell service shellworld.net
> Having dreadful success with doslynx, even though I
> use lynx itself on my shell service.
> I would love to have a dos based browser that can work
> with speech, <that rules out Arachnid> but wonder if the
> one thing I cannot use right now would be a possibility
> regardless?

 Why not lynx itself ? There is a port to DOS of version 2.8.5 at
http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/  and there used to be a port
of version 2.8.4d14, which I find nicer (use it daily), at
http://www.rene4u.com . I can send you the executable
(NOT the sources, for I do not have them) of this if you
are interested.

 Would you please give more info on your DSL setup:
modem (or bridge) hardware, device drivers and
connection details ?

 Best regards
   JAS