Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the links update - very useful. Especially ghost 5 for dos.

Maybe that's exactly what you want, but I highly doubt it. GhostScript
hasn't been directly supported on DOS in years and years. I don't know
what the last "official" release was. The FreeDOS mirror on iBiblio
has some, but I think one or two are unofficial fan recompiles. I
don't know the major differences are between them. I know some were
built with OpenWatcom and some with DJGPP, which caused some minor
hiccups (e.g. Georg's DJGPP FLTK port of Flwriter) due to extender
quirks in some environments.

http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/file/gs/

Beyond that, I dunno much. There are some barely useful half-ports of
XPDF (text only) and MuTool (or MuBusy? I forget) from MuPDF, both
also on iBiblio, but neither is the graphical viewer you probably
prefer. You can convert some PDFs to PNG from MuTool, though, IIRC,
which I guess is better than nothing.

http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/file/xpdf/
http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/file/mupdf/

https://code.google.com/p/nanox-microwindows-nxlib-fltk-for-dos/wiki/FlWriter

Hmmm, seems MuPDF 1.6 just came out (though that doesn't directly help
us at all, unless someone wants to try cross-compiling MuTool again,
which probably won't work, sigh).

http://www.mupdf.com/