On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Dale E Sterner <sunbeam...@juno.com> wrote:
> When you pay for the software he gives you a special link with a
> password.

I assumed something like that.

> Have you tried the s command on a movie. I paid him $100 to add it.
> I use it on home movies. I can stop the movie at a good spot and save the
> frame.
> Instead of taking alot of stills I just make an avi movie and save the good
> frames
> for printing out. Never miss a shot that way. I can catch someone in mid air.

That's a nice feature, but I haven't tried to use it, and don't use
QuickView.  Video here is one of the things Windows and Linux are for.
I don't *try* to do it in DOS.  What I do in DOS is pure console
character mode.  (There are a variety of things that technically *can*
be done in DOS but are more trouble than it's worth to do so.)

> Will have to try a library computer; perhaps my dial up is too slow

That's a good bet.  The issue may be on the end of whatever you
connect to when you dial up.  I used Juno a long time ago, and
remember redialing multiple times to get a reliable 53K dialup, since
the speed of the established connection was "luck of the draw".

I have a 100mbps cable connection, and it's been years since I tried
to use dial up for anything.  (And I *couldn't* now - my phone service
is VOIP via my cable co.  Verizon is doing its best to make copper go
away and migrate everything to fiber, and I don't blame them a bit.)

> cheers
> DS
______
Dennis