On 5/14/2016 10:11 AM, John Hupp wrote:
> So I still don't see a firm conclusion to be drawn.  Do some
> motherboard BIOS's not know what to make of the Realtek card?  Are
> these Realtek cards poorly made?  Or specially designed to be
> configured under Windows (though that wouldn't explain the early lock
> on PC #1)? Or does ICU not work well with this Realtek chip (though
> again, irrelevant on PC #1)?
Bottom line is that PnP doesn't work (properly) for ISA cards, NIC or
otherwise. As far as NE2000 compatible RTL8019 cards go, they will work
reliably when you can set, just as on the original NE2000, the physical
parameters via jumpers. None of those settings, I/O port or IRQ however
should interfere with PS/2 mouse or keyboard, as you mentioned yourself.
It rather seems that this one particular motherboard has issues.

Ralf

---