Hi everybody,

I agree with Ralf - it is not intuitive that a non-network
operating system installs a network, even if it is only for
FTP file exchange. I think those who do want to use network
tools to communicate between host OS and a virtual PC with
FreeDOS inside will be able to deliberately select the DOS
install variant WITH network, while the rest will enjoy a
lean install without anything network related at all :-)

By the way, it would be nice to include VMSMOUNT which lets
DOS mount VMWare shared directories as drives, similar to
the magic "directory as a drive" function in DOSEMU. Both
require no network drivers at all, as far as I know :-)

Cheers, Eric