> Am 13.02.2017 um 06:19 schrieb Dan Schmidt <helpdesk...@gmail.com
> <mailto:helpdesk...@gmail.com>>:
>
> I hope I am not committing the dreaded "forum necromancy“

I had to look that up… I really liked the picture of the ghoul in the first
google result :-))

> but I thought I might document that the 386 version, combined with the
> mentioned "reset" trick, has solved my issues with ssh2dos stability, thank
> you for the idea.

Congratulation! But as I see it, it was your idea all along.

> Also, quick type-o - "I am not sure why you would want to run SSH in DOS in
> VirtualBox"  I did not mean to imply that running Dos on VirtualBox is at all
> strange.

Well… It kind of IS strange. ;-) The reason is simple: I have a bit time to
kill at the moment, so I was taking another look at my
VirtualBox/FreeDOS/Networking images I started a few years ago at
https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/
<https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/>. I updated them to FreeDOS
1.2 and was checking if everything still works as expected. And well, SSH2DOS
wasn’t and I was unable to find a fix. So thank you again for your help!

At the moment I’m updating the MS Client pages (sigh).