From: Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com>

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:

>>> The KEYB layouts can be found here:
>>>
>>> http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=kpdos
>
>> That's the point where the circle starts (and ends). There are no plain
>> keyboard layout files (.kl) in there, only the .key files. But these need
>> kc for compiling to a .kl file. And there's nowhere you can get kc from.

Assuming you have the "full" (official) FD 1.1 install, do you not
find KC.EXE anywhere?

Booting up "FreeDOS 1.1 final" under VBox ... "dir /s/a-d/b \kc.exe" shows
this:

c:\fdos\bin\kc.exe

Of course, you can also just do "kc /?" or "which kc".

> in that case, KPDOS does not qualify as open source, and I recommend to
> remove KPDOS from future releases of FreeDOS

Let's not overreact.

I haven't messed with this stuff much, esp. recently, so I don't
remember the details. (And obviously I'm not the maintainer anyways.)

But isn't this what you're actually looking for (although you don't
direly need it, AFAIK)??

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/keyb/2.0/kc200x.zip
(That has KC.EXE, KEYCODE.EXE, and KLIB.EXE . Plus, sources in
kc200s.zip also exist.)

>> I don't need it now anymore it seems. But still wondering if it's really
>> not available from anywhere.

Just for comparison, I looked here, and apparently in FD 1.0 (2006) it
was bundled inside KEYB[XS].ZIP:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0/pkgs/

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net