On 3/21/2018 11:46 AM, Dale E Sterner wrote:
I've used ios (junked it), Android & Freedos. Freedos is not too far
behind those two. Android is fine but is always being upgraded.
I think I'm on my 10th tablet. They work for awhile but then
soon need a upgrade - buy a new tablet time is about every 6 months so
far.At least tablets are dirt cheap; not too much pain.
Get a new tablet when it needs a software upgrade? =-O
Are you buying a new car each time the tank runs empty? I have done that software update on my Samsung tablet each time it was offered...
I wish I could do on Excell half the stuff I can do on dos
Qpro. On windows Excell everything has to be done with
Visual basic commands;  the macro commands seem to
be only window dressing - they don't do everything the books claim.
Well, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is actually a quite powerful way of writing macros, and deserves a better reputation as Visual Basic itself (specially all the permutation after VB6). But then I have a client who desperately run Lotus 1-2-3 on Windows 10, just because they can't get their head around to rewrite some of the macros that that carry with them in the firm for the last 20+ years.
Dos may have alot of limits but you can still get alot dfone with it.
HP could use FREEDOS development to break in their new
engineers. Most companies fire halft of their hires in a few months
if they can't produce. Dos could be used to weed them out.
Not going to happen. Because a lot of programming paradigms and tools for today's environments are completely different that what would required for DOS. And yes, that includes GCC and similar abominations...

Ralf

---