On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 7:34 PM Joao Silva <joao1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm from Portugal and here a ssd are around 39.67 us dollars / 34 euros for
> 240gb, and i don't know if there are lower sizes anymore... still expensive.

That's about what I'd expect to pay in the US for a 240GB SSD,
depending upon brand.

But "expensive: is relative.  Prices on such things have been steadily
falling.  About a year ago, a chap elsewhere recounted upgrading a
server he managed.  It was a database machine running a "NoSQL"
database like MongoDB. He replaced 16TB of SATA HDs with 16TB worth of
2TB Samsung SSDs.  He got a quantum increase in performance.  The
machine *screamed* through queries and updates.  The significant bit
for me was that prices had dropped enough that he could *afford* to do
that upgrade.  Two years ago he wouldn't have been able to afford it,
but poces fell a lot, and still are..

> To install 2 OS, i would go with Windows 95 SE or 98 SE to copy files (games
> for me), i don't know but i'm sure that freedos will read pen drives as long
> they are plugged in before booting.

Linux is quite capable of doing the copies.  You *dn't* need Win95 or
98 SE just for that.  You will need a FAT file system to install them
to, which is why I suggested partitioning, but Linux and read and
write FAT file systems and place stuff on them.

> Linux would do, but has you said, had to be a very low resources.

Lubuntu using Lxde, or Xubuntu using XFCE is one option.  Another is
something like TinyCore Linux.

> The idea was for freedos to be the main OS, but i will take in mind your
> recommendation.

If you can get it working and all that is needed is FreeDOS, fine.
But having an actual Linux distro installed gives you the option of
doing things that *can't* be done with FreeDOS.
______
Dennis

_______
Dennis