A couple of questions, what model DELL laptop are you trying to update
the BIOS on? What level of Windows or even MSDOS for that matter was
the laptop originally designed to run? Clearly, this laptop has some
USB so I'm guessing those are probably two USB 1.1 ports and I'm
thinking the laptop is some kind of Pentium I. Do you by chance have
one of those ancient Zip100 drives and a readable Zip 50 or Zip 100
disk? You would need the USB and not the parallel port model most
likely and I know for a fact that if you use the guest.exe program in
any DOS environment including FreeDOS 1.3 that you can get what you
need done using any external zip drive even if it's a USB one. If you
have any external LS120 drive and at least one good 1.44MB floppy disk
or LS120 disk that will write, you can use that as well and I'd say
IMHO that LS120 drives are far better to have around than Zip drives
because they can read and write 1.44MB high density floppies whereas
Zip drives can't read any standard floppy and a Zip 750 cannot work
with Zip 50, 100, or 250 disks except if you are lucky you might be
able to read them.