Thanks for the quick reply, Ralf. I have a work around, which did the
trick. I just created four partitions, each less than 32gb on the stick,
and freedos is happy with that.

Now all I have to do is decide if I'm sticking with Microsoft Works, or if
I'll go back to Wordperfect 5.1 and my distraction-free writing machine
will be finished!

Oh yeah, and I have to uninstall the games. :-)