And yet here we are talking about UNIX utilities ported to a 32-bit
compiler running on a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally
coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, originally written by a 2 bit company,
that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

I daily drive Fedora Linux myself.  But curling DOS software zip files on
it is not as useful as doing that directly on 386 Dell I have sitting 3
feet away when I want to run a bit of new software on it.