the ACTUAL zeke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the version that produces these errors is:
>
>  freeradius-snapshot-20020209

  Hmm... if you look in the src/module/rlm_unix directory, you'll see
that there are compatibility functions.

  do:

cd src/module/rlm_unix
rm config.cache
./configure
make

  The module *should* build correctly.  Please watch out for any
errors or warnings.

  Once it's built, you should be able to do 'make install' from that
directory to get it installed.

> has freeradius ever worked on BSDI? if so, what options need to be
> added to ./configure. i think that could be my only problem.

  I'm not sure if it's worked on BSDI.  The only problem is the
compatibility functions in rlm_unix.  If you don't mind poking at the
make files and/or source code, you can probably get it to work.

> i am sorry to be such a pain, we have used merit AAA successfully for many
> years, but suddenly qwest needs Ascend-Data-Filter, which is broken in AAA
> but several users (none on BSDI) are passing filters successfully from
> freeradius according to qwest.

  Yes.  It does work for some people.

> we are up against a deadline of tuesday. we have a machine available to
> load with your recommended flavor of linux as an alternate solution.

  I use Linux for my development, so it's definitely tested there.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html