From: Alan DeKok [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 1:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Problems with MySQL Auth-Type

"Deramus, Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have another group on which is using the VPN concentrators method of
> authentication, (only supports 500 users however, and we require 1500 or
> entries) and set that group up to pass all accounting information out to the
> Radius server on port 1813. It's logging VPN connections, so the MySQL
> module has to be configured properly I would think. I used the schema in
> /src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_mysql/ and it imported the correct
> tables. Is there a line that I'm missing my sql.conf or does it look like
> something is screwy in the radiusd.conf itself possibly?

  No, you've probably got the SQL module pulling password information
out of the SQL database.  That's OK.  The problem is that you're not
telling the server what to *do* with that password.

  I would suggest setting somewhere (DEFAULT in 'users' file?):

DEFAULT   Auth-Type := Local

  Which tells the server to look for a password, and to authenticate
against PAP/CHAP/whatever internally.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html