Title: RE: Problems with MySQL Auth-Type

Simon,

For the record you are the man :). I'm *almost* there and I do appreciate you being in a good today...it must be my lucky day.

I made the changes you suggested and I am now a step further, it does check the password file it seems, however it is almost like it's checking the radcheck table and not radgroupcheck. It seems that it's taking TestRad as the username, and not the group name. This could be the Cisco VPN client or maybe I should switch up the query order in sql.conf ? The VPN client first logs into the Group, and then prompts the user to enter their username and password into a popup dialogue box. It seems that this takes both entries at once, any way to change this?

Thanks again Simon, I owe ya =)!

        User-Name = "TestRad"
        User-Password = "\255\014\020e\345\377rG\305\014\000n\351\317\0349"
        NAS-Port = 0
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:0 = "63.188.96.2"
        Attr-201588758 = "\000\000\000\005"
        NAS-IP-Address = 172.16.0.2
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual

modcall: entering group authorize
radius_xlat:  'TestRad'
sql_escape in:  'TestRad'
sql_escape out:  'TestRad'
sql_set_user:  escaped user --> 'TestRad'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE STRCMP(Username, 'TestRad') = 0 ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql: Reserving sql socket id: 9
SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE STRCMP(Username, 'TestRad') = 0 ORDER BY id
sql_escape in:  'DEFAULT'
sql_escape out:  'DEFAULT'
sql_set_user:  escaped user --> 'DEFAULT'
radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'DEFAULT' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'

SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheck.Attribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'DEFAULT' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id

radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'DEFAULT' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'

SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreply.Attribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = 'DEFAULT' AND usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id

rlm_sql: User DEFAULT not found and DEFAULT not found
rlm_sql: Released sql socket id: 9
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns notfound
rlm_counter: Entering module authorize code
rlm_counter: Could not find Check item value pair
  modcall[authorize]: module "counter" returns noop
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 148
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok
modcall: group authorize returns ok
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type pap
auth: type "PAP"
modcall: entering group authenticate
rlm_pap: login attempt by "TestRad" with password TestRad
rlm_pap: Could not find password for user TestRad
  modcall[authenticate]: module "pap" returns invalid
modcall: group authenticate returns invalid
auth: Failed to validate the user.

Chris DeRamus
HQ VPN Administrator
Verizon