From: Simon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 4:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Problems with MySQL Auth-Type

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 03:28:36PM -0400, Deramus, Chris wrote:
> Simon,
>
> For the record you are the man :). I'm *almost* there and I do appreciate
> you being in a good today...it must be my lucky day.
>
> I made the changes you suggested and I am now a step further, it does check
> the password file it seems, however it is almost like it's checking the
> radcheck table and not radgroupcheck. It seems that it's taking TestRad as
> the username, and not the group name. This could be the Cisco VPN client or
> maybe I should switch up the query order in sql.conf ? The VPN client first
> logs into the Group, and then prompts the user to enter their username and
> password into a popup dialogue box. It seems that this takes both entries at
> once, any way to change this?

I'm not sure i understand what you mean with the group part above, but
is it the username TestRad your entering into the dialog box your
prompted with?

> Thanks again Simon, I owe ya =)!
>
>       User-Name = "TestRad"
>       User-Password = "\255\014\020e\345\377rG\305\014\000n\351\317\0349"
>       NAS-Port = 0
>       Service-Type = Framed-User
>       Framed-Protocol = PPP
>       Tunnel-Client-Endpoint:0 = "63.188.96.2"
>       Attr-201588758 = "\000\000\000\005"
>       NAS-IP-Address = 172.16.0.2
>       NAS-Port-Type = Virtual

Your NAS is sending an auth packet with the attribute User-Name set to
TestRad. Just to make everything as simple as possible i suggest you do
the following (if it's PAP you want to use for authentication):

Add an entry to radcheck with:
UserName = TestRad
Attribute = Password       <-- Literally
Value = YourPassword
op = :=

Add an entry to usergroup with:
UserName = TestRad
GroupName = testgroup

Add an entry to radgroupcheck with:
GroupName = testgroup
Attribute = PAP
op = :=

Then set encryption_scheme in the pap section of the module section in
radiusd.conf to clear .

Does authentication/authorization work then?