"Todd T. Fries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It seems to happen when the database is doing a hot-backup and is
> unresponsive/slow for a few (10-15) minutes.

  If authorization depends on that database, and it goes down for
10-15 minutes, then there's not much point in running the server
during that time.

  If the MySQL server really does disappear during backups, I'd
suggest doing something else to keep the RADIUS alive...

> Mon Aug 19 00:16:47 2002 : Error: rlm_sql:  There are no DB handles to use!
> Mon Aug 19 00:17:37 2002 : Error: CHILD: exit on signal (11)

  Hmm.. that's an unchecked de-referencing of a NULL pointer
somewhere.  Without more information, it's hard to know where.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html