On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, John wrote:

> Just got back from a 2 week sabatical, hoping to pick up where I left off.
>

> John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > After running flawlessly for a couple of weeks, suddenly and inexplicably,
> >the
> > radius server started spawning process and reached the maximum default of
> >32
> > (continued running), complained about unresponsive child processes, and
> >then
> > died with signal 11.
>
> |That's most likely due to a back-end database locking, or a bug in
> |the server.   I would suggest upgrading to 0.7, as it has more bug fixes.  Also,
> |ensure that you've deleted all old 'rlm' modules from the system.
>
> The version I am running is 0.7 (I upgraded to .7 from .6 originally before writing
> into the list).  However, I wasn't sure if I had deleted the rlm modules, so I did
> that yesterday (actually, I did a fresh install), and the problem still persists.  I
> looked through the cvs logs and have not seen any work done to rlm_ldap, or at
> least nothing as far as bug fixes since 0.7.  Reading through the other replies,
> the symptons are very similiar to the ones seen by Todd Fries in:
> http://lists.cistron.nl/archives/freeradius-users/2002/08/frm01266.html with the sql
> module.
>
> Any thoughts?

The ldap module should be able to tolerate bad ldap servers. If anything goes
wrong again post the radius logs and try to find a core dump and do a backtrace
(allow_core_dumps = yes directive in radiusd.conf)

Also make sure that max_request_time is quite larger than the timeouts defined
in the ldap module configuration. Probably
max_request_time >= net_timeout + timeout + 10

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      National Technical University of Athens, Greece

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html