Thanks for your responce.

>  If your DSL box produces RADIUS accounting packets, then I don't see
> why this would be necessary.

Most ISP billing packages are designed to bill stardard dialup, where
there is a start and a stop.  DSL ppp sessions stay up for ages, so a
seesion might go for more than a month.  Also, billing packages usually
show pretty graphs of usage, based on starts and stops.  Therefore, it
would make billing really easy if for each 'Alive' recieved, a start and
 a stop was sent to the Billing system.  It would appear as if each DSL
customer connected and disconnected every ten minutes.

Maybe you have an idea of an easier way?

>  Generating new packets is always problematic.  I would suggest
> avoiding it if you can.

Why is generating new packets problematic?  Surely proxying generates
packets reliably?

The billing system we use backeds to oracle, so I guess I could do
inserts directly into that, however I thought the community would be
better served by a module like I'm suggesting, that could input standard
dail-up radius into any billing system.

This would be better don't you think?

>  Why would it be necessary to create a new start/stop packet?
>
> > Any thoughts on whether it should be a seperate module or a
> > modification to the proxy code?
>
>  A module.

Cool.  It looks like I can just copy the rlm_detail module.

>  Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

thanks,