thanks Alan, for the comment,

My SQL server and FR are running on the same box,
will separating them be a good idea,
I need to do AAA for about 1500 concurrent users
what kind of a machine would I need for FR
and how much load will it put on the MySQL server
so that I can scale both of the machines accordingly

currently both are running on

P-IV 2.6
Intel 856 based board
512MB DDR 266Mhz