Hi Anand,

did you compile and install OpenSSL? If you just compile OpenSSL the
directory structure is different than the one expected by the cmake script.
Rather than setting system variables try to pass the directory to the
cmake command line with -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=/full/path/name
If you still having a hard-time to get it compiling use ccmake or
cmake-gui - there you can directly set the failing variables (i.e.
OPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARY) to the right file/directory.

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Martin

On 30.07.2022 06:18, Anand via FreeRDP-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile freerdp on windows with the below command
>
> cmake -GNinja -BD:\Development\Build\FreeRDP -HD:\Development\Code\freerdp
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=D:\Development\Install\freerdp
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DWITH_SERVER=on -DWITH_X11RDP=on
>
> I'm getting the below error
>
> -- Finding required feature OpenSSL for cryptography (encryption,
> certificate validation, hashing functions)
> CMake Error at
> D:/Development/Tools/CMake/share/cmake-3.23/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230
> (message):
>   Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
>   system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARY) (found
>   version "1.1.1i")
>
> I compiled OpenSSL successfully just before this command. I also got a
> windows distribution for openSSL and added it to the path variable. I added
> a SYSTEM variable with name OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR - but no dice.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Regards,
> Anand.

> Virus-free.

Martin Fleisz, Development Manager

Thincast Technologies GmbH              Tel: +43-720-699 844-70
Bahnhofplatz 7/3                        Fax:   +43-2236-328 311
2340 Moedling, Austria                  http://www.thincast.com