Hi,

On 6/1/06, Henri-Pierre Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello, just for information, I have started a project in my university
"Bureau portable", based on Freesbie2 and FreeBSD6.1. The goal is to
give an iso containing all the software usefull for the students.

http://libre.uvsq.fr/index.php/projet-bureau-portable/
(in french only)

It works actually pretty good. Actually the user has to login with
"root" in order to lauch xfce4. Is it possible to lauch it directly,
without using a login ?

You can use this example of using gdm and pam to autologin a specific user
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q23

If there is an another way to autologin a user without using gdm I'm
interested ! :-)

HTH.

H-P

Regards.

--
There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
a man to fish, feed him for life."