Thanks for your response, not sure if I've quite got it yet.

So, after the surfaces are done and we update/edit the the aseg.mgz with say,

recon-all -surfsegedit

we need to re-run

recon-all -autorecon2-cp -autorecon3

---- On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:45:00 -0700 Bruce Fischl
<fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote ----

I would think autorecon2-cp autorecon3 would be fine, but maybe Martin can
comment?

https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/TkMeditGuide/TkMeditWorkingWithData/FreeviewSegme

> ntations
>
> it does suggest using -autorecon2-noaseg, but from what I can see this
does not
> update the aparc+aseg.mgz and associated .stats etc is that correct?
Doesn't
> [...]
to be
> re-checked and re-edited if needed?
>
> Also, I think FS5.1 does not have the -autorecon2-noaseg flag.
>
> As an alternative, with completed wm/pial boundaries could we run
>
> recon-all -surfsegedit,
>
> then we would edit aseg as needed and then:
>
> recon-all -aparc2aseg -segstats -wmparc
>
> This will not change any surfaces but would update aseg.stats
> aparc.a2009s+aseg.mgz wmparc.mgz wmparc.stats etc

> ---- On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:42:49 -0700 Martin
> Reuter<mreu...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote ----
> Hi
>
> so take a look at
> https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/TroubleshootingData
> where the entry points are described ( for brainmask and finalsurfs
> -autorecon-pial should be OK, for aseg it says to use
>
> -autorecon2-noaseg )
> Also this page
> https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/OtherUsefulFlags
> has details on the steps.
>
> Best, Martin
>

> On 04/20/2015 03:21 PM, Martin Reuter wrote:
>
> usually edits to surfaces should not be required in the long. The
> surfaces there get initialized from the base, so you need to make
> sure the base surface is as accurate as possible. Several edits also
> get transferred automatically from the cross sectional runs. See
> this
> http://freesurfer.net/fswiki/LongitudinalEdits
> for a description of the different edits, and where they should be
> done.
>
> About where to restart after making the edits, everything should be
> done the same way as in the regular (cross sectional) processing.
> So you specifically ask about:
> - brainmask edits
> - brainfinalsurf edits
> - and manual aseg edits.
>
> I just looked at the description of those regular edits
> http://freesurfer.net/fswiki/Edits
> but sadly there it does not say where to start re-run either. I'll
> try to find out and update that soon.
>
> I hope someone with editing experience can chime in and tell us. (I
> changed the subject, so that it get's read).
>
> Cheers, Martin
>
> On 04/20/2015 09:44 AM, Bruce Fischl wrote:
>
> cheers
> Bruce
>

> On Mon, 20 Apr 2015, prasser wrote:
>
> Dear All,
> I wanted to check that corrections to a Long pial
> surface through edits
> to brainmask.mgz and brain.finalsurfs.manedit.mgz
> are followed by the
> command:
> recon-all -long tpN1 templateID -autorecon2-pial
> -autorecom3
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Also, after editing the Long aseg.mgz to correct
> the volume of structures
> what command should be run to have these edits
> update the dependent files?
>
>  Thanks,

> -- Dr. Martin Reuter Instructor in Neurology Harvard Medical School
Assistant in Neurosci
> ence Dept. of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital Dept. of
Neurology, Massachusett
> s General Hospital Research Affiliate Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence Lab,
> Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts
Institute of Technolog
> y A.A.Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging 149 Thirteenth Street, Suite
2301 Charlestown,
> MA 02129 Phone: +1-617-724-5652 Email: mreu...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
reu...@mit.edu Web
> : http://reuter.mit.edu

> -- Dr. Martin Reuter Instructor in Neurology Harvard Medical School
Assistant in Neurosci
> ence Dept. of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital Dept. of
Neurology, Massachusett
> s General Hospital Research Affiliate Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence Lab,
> Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts
Institute of Technolog
> y A.A.Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging 149 Thirteenth Street, Suite
2301 Charlestown,
> MA 02129 Phone: +1-617-724-5652 Email: mreu...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
reu...@mit.edu Web
> : http://reuter.mit.edu

is
e-mail
HelpLine at
error
properly
> dispose of the e-mail.

contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
at
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly