Hi Bruce et al.,

I have a couple of questions. The FreeSurfer manual talks about morphing
individual subject spheres to an average spherical cortical atlas. I
wondered how this cortical atlas was derived and how many subjects were
included in the average? Is it as was described in your article Fischl
et al (1999) High-resolution intersubject averaging and a coordinate
system for the cortical surface. HBM?

Secondly, in your Fischl et al., (1999) article you stated that (p274)
'The natural coordinate system of the average surface,...., can then be
used to index any point on any of the surface representations of the
individual.' I wondered how this is practically implemented in
FreeSurfer? Can you apply the coordinate system to the pial surfaces,
for example, and therefore be able to identify the locations of
activations (which is obviously difficult with the sphere)?

Lastly, in your email (25/8) you mentioned that there would be a new
version of FreeSurfer released soon. Will it include the MEG/EEG
integration tools that have been presented in Dale et al., (2000)
Dynamic Statistical Parametric Mapping....Neuron and Witzel et al.,
(2001) Spatiotemporal.....HBM Abstracts? Any  idea when the new version
will be ready to be released?

Thanks for your ongoing assistance via the list.
Cheers,
Kath

--
Kathryn Moores, Ph.D. Student