Hi all,

I'm a fairly new user of Freesurfer, although I have been a user of AFNI
for some time.  I have a question related to using MNI space in freesurfer.
Currently we have been normalizing our data to the MNI_avg_152 template,
using FLIRT in FSL.  I understand that Freesurfer can be set up to use MNI
tools for this process, which is implemented during the cortical
reconstruction stream.  Is there any reason why we wouldn't be able to use
MNI normalized data as our "raw data" before running mri_convert?  Will
converting raw data to COR format remove this data from MNI space, and put
it into a new space? Or, is there a particular reason why MNI normalization
occurs midstream in the freesurfer process?

Thanks,
Tim Souza
Timothy Souza
Brown University