Hi

> Today, freevo-1.7.0 has been released, there has been a great deal of
> activity since freevo-1.7.0-rc2 with still more exciting new features. The
> statistics show 145 additions, 162 changes and 40 removals, since 1.7.0-rc2,
> much more than I expected :).

Thank you so much for this new release of our favorite "more-than"
htpc soft. :-)

I´d like to upgrade my freevo install but before upgrading the living
room machine, I tried to install freevo 1.7 on a test machine. I´m
using debian sarge, and had to backport a few packages to satisfy
freevo dependencies. Althought dependecies seems to be ok, freevo is
crashing when I try to select "listen to music". I tried another
install on a debian unstable machine and everything is fine. So I´m
trying to find what package is crashing freevo so I can update it.

This is what I get in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line 285, in
eventhandler
    app.eventhandler(event)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 566, in
eventhandler
    self.refresh()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 406, in refresh
    skin.draw('menu', self, self.menustack[-1])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/main.py",
line 526, in draw
    a.draw(settings, object, menu, style, type, self.force_redraw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/area.py",
line 185, in draw
    self.__draw_background__()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/area.py",
line 577, in __draw_background__
    image = pygamesurface_imlib2_scale(image, (bg.width,bg.height))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/skin_utils.py",
line 55, in pygamesurface_imlib2_scale
    return pygame.image.frombuffer(buf, newsize, 'RGBA')
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'frombuffer'

Python-pygame is version 1.6.... is this enough?

--
Christian Lyra
PoP-PR/RNP