>  great! Can you give us a list of the packages you needed to
>  update/backport. I am on sarge as well and plan to upgrade to freevo
> 1.7 too.

        Not at home now, but I will try to remember:

        1) download and install pyNotifier and pylirc as requested by kaa-base
        2) from backports.org get debhelper (needed to build imlib2)
        3) from unstable/testing grab the imlib2 sources. run
dpkg-buildpackages and install  the new libimlib2 (and the dev)
        4) It was late in the night so i just got the pygame-1.7 and install it
from source. Unstable has a new pygame but it seems to be tailored to
python 2.4 and not 2.3 (I may be wrong...)
        5) python setup.py install kaa-base, kaa-metadata and kaa-imlib
        6) python setup.py install freevo

        This is not the debian way to do it, but worked for me (tm).

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

  Thus spake the master programmer:
  ``You can demonstrate a program for a corporate executive, but you
can't make him computer literate.''
                                                The Tao Of Programing