Great! these are very legitimate methodology questions.  The reason I
let my interest in the first serious attempts at system dynamics
modeling to slide is because of their flaws.

Individual events represent processes with continually changing
structure and all the models I know of, try to approximate that with
fixed structures.  It's very problematic.   I'm not sure that my work is
advanced enough to make a strong contribution to practical modeling
efforts, but sometimes it's helpful to have someone on the team who's
aware of previously unrecognized parts of the problem.

BTW in that post I was probably voicing some frustration with not just
FRIAM but also all the other really smart sophisticated people I've
talked with over the past years about this really cool thing I found.
The example of inexplicable organizational behavior I chose was meant to
be recognizable, but not to suggest that I think that the tone of
discussions here, on any subject, is trivial.

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]