Carl Tollander wrote:
> the G guy is trying to discredit the other guy by
> showing that he is just on a power trip of some sort.  I tend to look at
> them as subtractive (G) and additive (T) sculpture - complementary if
> some common goal is in mind, but the G guy never gets there, as he has
> no motivation or handy mechanism to do so.
Yet the Will to Power is served by discovery and invention, as well as
by criticism.   A risk for the T guy is that the `intellectuals' in his
community are not acting in good faith and not trying to do more than
just refine a self-consistent story, which can then be passed on as the
canon.   So it could be the reverse, the T guys are the subtractive or
inhibitory player.

Imagine optimizing a function of many variables using hillclimbing.  In
a bumpy landscape, the single trajectory (the community) will soon get
stuck at a local optimum, even though up to that point progress was
being made.   Better not to follow any search rules and just randomly
pick points for a while (multiple trajectories/communities/individuals).
Put another way, there are countless questions to ask, and certain
communities may serve just to create a comfortable consensus reality
which then fails to explore a problem thoroughly enough.

Marcus