On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Carl Tollander <c...@plektyx.com> wrote:

> What was the client's problem again?

Darned if I can tell, this Universal Interface Language seems to have no
document attached to it.

The video from OOPSLA,
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2950949730059754521, seems pretty
incoherent to me.

The video introduces meta-programming at minute 50 of 64, but the only
positive example there is The Art of the MetaObject Protocol which he admits
is incomprehensible unless you're already a CLOS expert.  And we all know
how the CLOS MetaObject protocol has taken the world by storm in the last 12
years.

I really liked the observation that the velocity of proteins in cells,
expressed in protein diameters, becomes 4x the speed of light when scaled to
Volkswagens in Volkswagen diameters.  Thermal motion in cells is violent.
For all my molecular dynamics simulations, I never thought of what was going
on quite like that.

"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++
in mind".

-- rec --