Doug -
Is anybody else tickled at how this Quote Of The Week elicited a flood of philosophical observations?

--Doug
Utterly pink! PINK I tell you! And you are making it worse with your own tickling! /STOPPPP/!

I just deleted one of my typical "DNRTL" (did not read, too long) missives and offer up instead a few simple relevant thoughts with links for the interested reader:

   * Russel Akoff's hierarchy of Data->Information->Knowledge->Wisdom
     <http://www.systems-thinking.org/dikw/dikw.htm>.
   * Predictability as a dual of Banality
     <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/banal>
   * Laplace's Daemon <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_Demon>
     and Determinism vs Predictability
   * Information theory in Cryptology: by expanding (or contracting)
     "the system" by as small of an amount as a decryption key, the
     (relative?) Entropy of a system goes from small to huge or
     vice-versa.

Carry on!
 - Steve