And speaking of multiverses, this was just published on the Scientific
American
website<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=multiverse-the-case-for-parallel-universe>
.

*In the August issue of*Scientific American,* cosmologist George Ellis
describes why he's skeptical about the concept of parallel universes. Here,
multiverse proponents Alexander
Vilenkin<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=multiverse-the-case-for-parallel-universe&WT.mc_id=SA_WR_20110727#>
 and
<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=multiverse-the-case-for-parallel-universe&WT.mc_id=SA_WR_20110727#>
**Max
Tegmark<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=multiverse-the-case-for-parallel-universe&WT.mc_id=SA_WR_20110727#>
 offer counterpoints, explaining why the multiverse would account for so
many features of our universe—and how it might be tested.*

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
*  blog: *http://russabbott.blogspot.com/
  vita:  http://sites.google.com/site/russabbott/