I like C D Broad's take on this: "Induction is the glory of science and the
scandal of philosophy." (1926, The Philosophy of Francis Bacon).

I think there's a lot of truth in this... induction is simply not a problem
for science and scientists. Scientists have used induction to give the most
amazing, useful awe-inspiring descriptions of the universe and its
contents. Sure, philosophers can hop around shouting "You can't do that!
It's not possible!" but you know what? We just did.

—R