From: friam-boun...@redfish.com [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of
ERIC P. CHARLES
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2012 7:49 PM
To: Douglas Roberts
Cc: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] PRES12_WTA Prospectus - The University of Iowa

Doug,
As an adamant atheist, this is still low on my list of reasons to dislike
Romney.

No one has really talked about what Bain Capital does - I have nothing against
raising money, but he should not be allowed to claim he was a job creator
<http://doonesbury.slate.com/strip/archive/2012/07/02> . Also, the idea that he
will be less in Wall Street's pocket than Obama is laughable.

No one has talked about how he was Governor for the biggest pork-barrel,
corruption riddled, big-government, public-works disaster in US history -
Boston's "Big Dig <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Dig> ", $14.6 BILLION
dollars... and then the ceiling collapsed.

People are still not sure how to handle his roll in the Mass health care laws.

He pulled off not-raising taxes while governor of Mass, only by implementing an
incredible number of "fees" and slashing funding to education.

When you look at his record, he sure seems to be for big, intrusive, expansive
government - the opposite of his supposedly republican values - and he seems to
be war-mongering recently and getting even more invasion-of-your-home preachy
in recent speeches.

That said, he ebbs and flows with the poll results as well as any politician I
have seen. It almost seems bad enough that if the polls showed he would win as
a Hindu, you might have a new list of odd believes to complain about pretty
quickly.

Eric

P.S. These complaints should in no way be seen as an endorsement of some other
guy (or gal <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Stein> ).