Sarbajit Roy wrote at 09/19/2012 08:21 PM:
> (aside) In addition to my "faith" hat, I also have a
> "designer/manufacturer of programmable logic controller" hat.

I wish more people had those hats.  I see lots of silly and useless hats
... I often feel like I live on the outskirts of a permanent fashion show.

> To design an artificial life form (android / zombie ...) capable of
> successfully passing among humans in a religious (faith) setting you
> would probably need tons of "memory" (or else some channeling
> reinforcement, probabilistic determinative  etc. mechanism) and the
> ability to dynamically mimic "emotions" such as "boredom", "guilt",
> "trust", "sin", "obedience", "lip-service" etc. The zombie wouldn't
> have to bring much "knowledge" or "wisdom" to this setting as the more
> brain dead it is the easier it is for to pass.

The trouble is that concepts like "knowledge" and "wisdom" are no
different from "memory" as far as I can tell.  At least nobody's made
the case that they're at all different.  On the one hand, people will
claim their ... phone ... is "smart".  Then right after that, they'll
call it "stupid".  I've seen people do the same with their children,
politicians, their cars, etc.  When put on the spot, everyone cops out
with the "I can't define it. But I know it when I see it."  To which I
say: Pffft.  8^P

--
glen