Dear Russ

1. Religion / faith is not something which can be "bought", although
the US Televangelists who buy cheap advertising on my cable TV
channels to sell me JEEEESSSSSUSSS at 4:00 a.m may disagree.

2. "Buddhism is a religion indigenous to the Indian sub-continent"
(per wikipedia).

3. BUDDHUISM is a religion exogenous to the Indian sub-continent.
(per Sarbajit)
(FYI - The word buddhu means "fool, "idiot" or "moron ")

4. Western Buddhists are buddhus who by doing deep scholarly research
on  fragments of bark containing the secrets of the Wise (Amida )
Buddha allegedly written 600 years after his death in 500 BCE (or was
it 400 BCE ?) think they "know" everything. These are the same Buddhus
who after looking at a dinosaur's bones conclude that dinosaurs had a
brain in their butt.

5. A Religion / Faith has to be experienced in its setting. Shifting
the setting causes it to lose its essence in translation. In computer
terms, the software is non-portable.

6. Whatever you chose to call it, there is no such thing as "modern"
Buddhism. Western (presumably United States of America Western)
Buddhuism is the concoction of tripped out frauds (who "experienced"
India/Nepal) and ranks on the same ersatz plane as American Chopsuey
and Chicken Tikka Masala. .

PS: Does (your ?) Western Buddhism model include "rebirth" ?

Sarbajit