Attachment / de-attachment / non-attachment etc are distractions from
the 2 paths

A) The path of self knowledge for people on the threshhold of enlightenment.
B) The path of selfless service for the others.

I can't really "explain" these things because of language and societal
differences.

Most of what we are discussing here has already been resolved in the Gita,
a tolerably good simple English online version is here (please dont
treat the Gita as a religious book - its a societal book with "rules")
http://www.ourpathtogod.com/bhagavadgita/index.htm
by about chapter 5 the answers should be clear.

Without giving anything away :

It is about man as an "agent" without memory (or rudimentary memory)
pre-programed by a higher evolved Being (with complete memory) to
"act" in the "right" way depending on circumstances and "anticipation"
of possible outcomes. [robots to terraform Mars]

Sarbajit