Hi David

The only place I would somewhat differ with your analysis is on the
"accrual" of Karma.

My own view is that Gita refers to 2 control loops

The Outer (slower / higher) Loop is on "semi-attached" Ethical evolved
norms. Analogous to a Voltage loop

There is a faster Inner Loop acting on situational / contextual
attachments (feedback) analogous to the Current Loop.

In the context of Arjuna's dilemma, the Arjuna killing software
(programmed into the Kshatriya warrior caste) has encountered an
unprogrammed situation - "can I kill my own analogs ?". The software
then breaks out of the inner loop (via error handler / maintenance
handler) and "Krishna" the Outer Loop reprograms Arjuna to continue
the killing .. "you do your job because the others are doing theirs".

I recall a paper by Peter van Roy (no relation) on "Overcoming
software fragility with inter-acting feedback loops and reversible
phase transitions" which helped me understand some of it.

www.info.ucl.ac.be/~pvr/bcs08vanroy.pdf

Sarbajit