As much as we think we know what each candidate stands for and would do
under unforeseen events (Katrina, 9/11, Superstorm Sandy), presidential
historians believe the times shape the presidency.

One good example: Clinton was a master of many arts, but he was the prime
mover of the eventual economic disaster by his deregulation of the
Glass-Steagall act:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass%E2%80%93Steagall_Act
.. thus opening the doors to the financial farces like letting banks gamble
with your money and the weird packaging of debt.

And Lyndon B. Johnson of all things .. hero for civil rights and horror of
Vietnam.

Yes, I think I'd hate another idiot president (but nobody could be worse
than Bush .. not even Mitt the Twit) but I really don't believe you can
predict the success and failure of presidents.  There are just too
many exogenous forces.

So I guess I'd enjoy being entertained by a good Libertarian for example.
 I won't be upset if Mitt wins, just ready for insane rhetoric and bumbling
behavior.  Maybe like Silvio Berlusconi.  But who knows, that's why we play
the game.

   -- Owen