I applaud your attempt to expand out to the forest layer!  But I still
think you're being overly specific about our disagreement.  My summary
about dissimilarity as the common cause for the communication illusion
and tool abuse failed to capture the core disagreement, I suppose.

So, I'll try again, as brief as I'm capable of:  Inter-individual
variation causes everything we've talked about in this thread.

Your acceptance of the singularity rhetoric places you in one bin (axiom
of choice) whereas I'm in another bin.  The same is true of gun control,
3D printers, and the eschatological thinking behind our fear of climate
change (on the "left") and the New World Order (in the whackjob bin).
The same variation causes varying bins surrounding free will and which
tools/traits each of us expresses.

It all boils down to the history dependent, context controlled ontogeny
of each individual.  That's how it's been for the history of life on the
planet and won't change any time soon.

But what has changed is our density.  We are flat out more likely to
have most of our context controlled by others with the same physiology
and morphology as our self.  And that implies that we (all of us) are
much much more alike today than we have ever been in our entire history.

Our inter-individual variation is disappearing at an ever increasing
rate.  That means we're all much more likely to fall into some
(illusory) gravity well, nearby in "thought space".  No matter how
skeptical you might think you are, it's inevitable.  You'll succumb to
some cult-like group think.

As I age, I like to think that old people, with longer hysterical
processes, can better resist their local gravity wells.  But the more
one's _self_ is defined by thought and culture, the more likely they are
to cross the event horizon and stop being capable of thinking
differently.  Only the lone wolves hiding in the forests have a chance
of preserving our biological diversity.

--
glen