On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Barry MacKichan <
barry.mackic...@mackichan.com> wrote:

> Since I use a password manager (1Password) there is very little cost in
> keeping a 20-character password (which I never type anyway) even for those
> sites with 2-factor authentication.

Doesn't this make those accounts highly insecure with respect to actual
physical theft of your laptop (which I'm guessing is more common than
identity theft)? If someone steals your computer do they then have access
to all the sites whose credentials you have stored in 1Password?

I must admit, this is the one issue that has kept me from adopting
1Password, LastPass etc. I'm lazy and I just know that at some point I
would hit the "Save this password?" button when prompted by my browser and
bang, there goes my security.

—Robert